Saturday, July 31, 2010

The London Maze

This will be the last of the catch-up posts, as I didn't do much the rest of the week. Although, I did get my bike out for the first time since last summer on Thursday, and I wasn't as out of shape as I thought. I remember last summer I was ready to collapse the first couple of days of biking.

Last Monday, July 26, Kelly and I went on a random adventure to London because we were bored and wanted to surprise Mark and the other guys. Our attempt to find Mark's new house failed because we had very little information other than the fact that it was around the corner from his old house. It was fine though because he was at work anyways, which is where we headed for next.

Having very little idea how to actually get to downtown, we got lost for a bit until Kelly pointed out the giant buildings, where we were supposed to be. It was bad. We kept getting stuck at more or less every single red light. We had to wait for a train to pass. Then we finally got to downtown but got more lost there due to London's insane rules. Apparently on many streets you can't turn left or right at certain times of the day, but it's not even one single block of time. There were two separate periods during the day that you can turn, except by the time we even figure it out, the light turns green. So, we only turned whenever we see someone else turn. Then somehow we reached a no exit.

Eventually, Mark called us and directed us. We STILL got lost. I passed his parking garage because there were two there, and I thought he was at one while Kelly thought he was at the other. Then we had to turn all the way around and such due to one-ways. We made it there in the end though and hung out in his office while he told us about how he's similar to Jack the Ripper. I kind of worry about that kid sometimes.

PS. We pointed out every fake tree we saw in downtown London, or I did after Kelly stopped. They're the multi-colour plastic-y looking ones...not the realistic fakes. There were a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment