Saturday, August 7, 2010

Welcome Day, Welcome Pain

Everything is sore. Well, not really, but my shoulders are aching still from work. On Thursday night, I had to do a setup for Welcome Day, and it ttook 4.5 hours to finish because there were only two of us as the third person had an exam. 300 chairs needed to be set up lecture style up in CIBC Hall, over 100 chairs needed to go downstairs, over 50 6-ft tables needed to be arranged, and other things needed to be done as well. I got home after midnight, and then I had to drive back for 7:00am to finish setting it up. We couldn't do the setup for outside in the plaza because someone might steal the tables and such. Everything needed to be done before 8:00am, which was impossible, but a bunch of the reps actually took the initiative and placed tableclothes on almost all of the tables inside. So, we were done around 8:30, and I proceeded in getting the "Slam Dunk Breakfast" at La Piazza because I hadn't eaten before I left, and I had two bags of chips for dinner the previous night.

Today, I went on a really long bike ride starting at around 10 (I met up with Tony at 12). It was time to get back into biking because I don't exercise, and this is the easiest and cheapest way. I think I'm going to attempt the trail up to Hamilton again in a few weeks, but maybe this time I'll rest for more than an hour before heading back...or I'll take the bus home.

No comments:

Post a Comment