Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sickness and Shopping at Square One

Square One was the location of our outing today (me, Jimmy, Tammy, Tony...all our names end in "y"!) It was my first time there, but I wasn't really blown away by how big it was at all. I think I would have been if I hadn't been to Vaughn Mills on the day of our Wonderland trip almost two months ago now, or maybe everything was just distorted and not proportionate in my mind due to my lack of sleep and mixture of allergy drugs. Last night was pretty rough, and I ended up sleeping for maybe two hours or none at all. I can't even remember; it was just a big blur of wheezing and the severely decreased ability to breathe.

Anyways, we went from store to store, and I bought two shirts from Old Navy. I almost purchased the GaoGaiGar DVDs too but decided against it. I was interested in it because the series is part of the same anthology as another one of my childhood favorites, Legendary Brave Da Garn. The anthology is called the Brave Saga, and it's similar to how Gundam is set up with all their different series. The total of the two boxsets would have been around $80, but I still have other things that I have yet to pay for (curse McMaster's parking fees...). Good thing too because the comic/toy store we saw afterward had the final volume of 52, which I have been looking for since I finished reading the third volume like two years ago. Basically, this series ran for 52 weeks, and each week covers a week in the DC Universe after the Infinite Crisis, which I believe involved all the multiple universes clashing and a bunch of things happened (Superboy dying is all I remember right now...). This last one was the only volume the store had too! Life likes to choose when to be kind to me apparently. It made me sick but gave me 52. So, does that mean I have to break an arm or something in order to get a job?

52: Volume 4, from dccomics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment