Sunday, July 18, 2010

Yahoo!

Today, I went to Hamilton once again; this time for an MSSS meeting. I went earlier to read in Mills, but they didn't open until 1:00pm. Seriously, why even bother opening on a Sunday if it's only going to be for four hours? I ended up reading on the second floor of the student centre, and then when I finished that I went to Lime Ridge, where I ended up buying two shirts from Stockhomme because they were on sale (I have to stop this money spending business...). I also saw a "Help Wanted" sign at Mind Games, so I applied there. Then it was time for the MSSS meeting and the Frontline meeting with some of the writers. And then I went to dinner at Kelsey's, Silver Bridge, and The Piston Broke with Nathan, Tony, and Kelly.

I could elaborate on my day more, but I figured writing about something else would be more interesting. Yahoo Games! This was brought up at one point during the night. When I was younger, Yahoo was probably the search engine that I used most often, and I had a Yahoo account, which I used to join Yahoo Clubs, play Yahoo Games, and build websites on Geocities (or maybe it was just Yahoo and they merged later...but still). My account name was "chartlesaur_22"or something like that, and I remember Mark had an account called "synthesis89". Oh yeah, we had Yahoo Messenger as well, in addition to ICQ. At that time, we used to play these online Pokemon and Digimon RPG games using those chat services, and we even made our own websites for those games. Angelfire was the one that we used most often though for building websites. Back in the day, I made a lot of online friends, but I lost contact with all of them relatively quickly.

My favorites game on Yahoo was probably Graffiti, but they were all good time killers. I guess I liked Graffiti more because it was just like Pictionary, which I only really played a few times over at Andrew's house. Towers was pretty good, and of course Bingo. Online bingo is probably the most pointless game ever and yet the most addicting way to procrastinate. On Yahoo, it even had a female voice calling out the numbers, but sometimes it would get distorted on my computer.

Yeah, I used to spend a lot of time on Yahoo. I guess now it's Facebook instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment