Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Bucket List Edition

After training today (which I felt better about than yesterday), I went to Mills as usual with the plan to sit on a computer all day and read my textbook for Anthro. Instead of doing that, I left the campus after eating lunch. The prospect of being there for 5+ hours again bothered me too much today, so I ended up driving out to Oakville. I know; random, right? The purpose of the trip became to visit the mall Oakville Place, which I've always wanted to stop at but never did until today. In fact, I remember seeing as a kid and always wondering what it was like inside. Needless to say, it wasn't anything too special. It's got all the typical stores that you would expect to see in any other mall, but there were a few stores that I've never seen before, and the food court also had interesting selections (off the top of my head, a Japanese place called Edo, or Teriyaki's rival I guess). The whole place seemed like a compressed Lime Ridge with more interesting decorations, like the giant clock with the gears and gadgets.

Leaving Oakville Place, I felt a little disappointed that after all these years of wanting to go in, the place wasn't better. Not that I wasn't surprised though. So, I missed the exit for back to Hamilton as I left, and I ended up going on an adventure drive through Oakville for a bit. It seemed like a nice city, and I located Sheridan College too. Eventually, I ended back at Oakville Place and then I headed home. Oh yeah, I decided to skip my night class. (she posts all the slides, and she reads off them in class, so it's justified)

I had a lot of time to think on the drive back because of traffic. It took me a very long time to decide to go into Oakville Place. I realize it's a just another mall, but still it was something I wanted to do but took forever to do it. One thought lead to another, and I arrived at The Buried Life, that show with the four guys who made a list of things they wanted to do before they died, and they go around doing them while helping other people do something they wanted to do. Anyways, I didn't think much of it beyond "that's cool" when I first heard about them. Today though, I thought I ought to make my own bucket list. In about one and a half months, I'll be starting my fourth year of undergrad, and I definitely haven't accomplished much at all. So, I'm going to follow the trend and produce my list on the spot right now, in no particular order:


1. Write a book
2. Learn to play the piano
3. Appear in a movie beyond being an extra/cameo
4. Attend the Academy Awards show
5. Climb a big mountain
6. Walk on the Great Wall of China
7. Go to Japan
8. Stay at a castle in Scotland
9. Take a tour through the Walt Disney Animation Studios
10. Be the voice of an animated character
11. Make a real difference in someone's life
12. Get a anthropology-related career
13. See the Giza Pyramids
14. Road trip across Canada
15. Fall in love and get married
16. Buy a house
17. Learn to ride a horse
18. Go on a boat cruise
19. Participate in a flash mob
20. Fold a thousand cranes
21. Climb the CN Tower
22. Take someone out to an expensive restaurant
23. Eat at a Rainforest Cafe
24. Own a sword
25. Repay parents for university costs
26. Cook an entire dinner for someone
27. Have a pet husky
28. Go fishing
29. Learn another language
30. See a broadway musical
31. Climb the Eiffel Tower
32. Marathon all six Star Wars
33. Go roof hopping
34. Volunteer abroad for at least a month
35. Camp out in the middle of a forest
36. Travel down a river on a canoe/kayak
37. Win a major Tim Hortons Roll-Up-the-Rim prize
38. Learn to be fluent in Mandarin
39. Learn to play tennis properly
40. Bike from Brantford to Toronto
41. Finish every main series Final Fantasy game (except the online ones)
42. Go ice skating outside
43. See Big Ben
44. Destroy everything in a room
45. Draw a giant picture on the ground using chalk
46. Go to Comic Con
47. Complete a 3D puzzle of a castle
48. Attend a concert (orchestra)
49. See the taping of a sitcom
50. Carve my name into a tree
51. Make a large donation to a charity
52. Draw/write a comic book
53. Hide an item for geo-caching
54. Ride the Haunted Mansion ride at Disney World
55. Participate on a float in a parade
56. Sink a hole in one
57. Learn some form of martial arts
58. Stay in Taiwan again for at least a year
59. Make a pizza from scratch
60. Bake a cake from scratch
61. Operate a light house
62. Own every volume of the manga Yaiba
63. Own a set of encyclopedia
64. Own every Disney Animated Feature
65. See a white tiger
66. See Cirque du Soleil
67. Go paintballing
68. Be a guest lecturer/teacher
69. Explore a cave
70. Bury someone in the sand at the beach
71. Hide a time capsule
72. See the ball drop in New York
73. Have an article published in a major publication
74. See the skeleton of a dinosaur
75. Plant a tree
76. Own a telescope
77. Participate in a marathon
78. Climb a tall tree
79. Throw ninja stars
80. Go on a blind date
81. Get a picture taken with a tiger
82. Explore a haunted house
83. Go to a formal/dance
84. Jump out of a moving car
85. Get a celebrity's autograph
86. Ride in a horse-drawn carriage
87. Go to Universal Studios Florida
88. Taste haggis
89. Be mentioned somewhere in a newspaper
90. Wear samurai armour
91. Learn archery
92. Learn a complicated magic trick
93. Visit Stonehenge
94. Help a complete stranger with something
95. Own an Etch A Sketch
96. Dye my hair
97. Learn to play the ocarina
98. Catch every single Pokemon
99. Solve a mystery
100. Be truly happy

That took FOREVER. But yeah, I'll be happy if I complete even ten things on that list, especially since most of the stuff on there is either super expensive or near impossible to accomplish. Funny how a simple trip to a mall resulted in me creating this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment