Saturday, July 17, 2010

Flooding in the Streets

I began this morning lazily for an hour or two before going outside to cut the grass. This is something that I don't like doing because of my allergies. In fact, I'm still sick from the last time that I cut grass. Somehow my allergies mutated into a two-week long cold. So, I took Claritin and used this allergy nasal spray before heading out, and it was fine.

After that, I headed for Hamilton to meet Rohan so he could teach me about updating the MSSS website, which I'm juggling with reading anthropology and writing this entry right now. It seemed simple enough as everything was straightforward. Obviously Rohan will be doing all the complicated parts of the website because I don't know anything. It was a relatively short meeting, and I proceeded in going home after that.

This is when the day got a bit more interesting. It was bright and sunny before I left for Hamilton, and it was starting to rain when I got to Rohan's. When I left, it still wasn't raining very much. Halfway home though...that was when the downpour came. Thunder rumbled now and then with lightning flashing once in a while. Eventually, everyone on the road started to slow down with the hope that the rain would stop. It didn't. Things got so bad that I couldn't even see the road, and I figured it would be best to follow the trend of stopping on the side of the road for a few minutes.

So, I get back to Brantford, and I stopped at the mall to mail something. Where I parked was already starting to flood a bit. I ended up staying inside for a bit, hoping that it would stop soon. It didn't. In fact, it got so bad that Sears was flooding inside. When I got back to my car, the water level was up to just a bit above the bottom of the doors. I swear the cars in the parking lot would just start floating around if it kept raining like that. I ended driving through another flood on the way home too.

It was a very wet trip to the mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment