Monday, August 30, 2010

Waking Up but Not

I woke up around 6:30 this morning, checked my email, walked around, and then went back to sleep. And then, I had that dream where I keep waking up but not actually, only it was way worse this time. In the dream, I would "wake up" and go to the door, but then I "wake up" again. This repeated a few times with varying distances that I reached in my house. I tried to splash water in my face when I reached the bathroom, and I tried to open the fridge to get water, but I just kept "waking up" over and over again. The last time I had this dream, I managed to wake up for real when I had my eyes closed, so I attemped that again, but it didn't work. At one point during the dream I actually thought I was dying, but my soul was still attached to my body, which explains why I kept bouncing back to it.

Eventually, I woke up for real with a jolt. My working theory is that the heat was suffocating me, but my body wouldn't wake up, so the dream looped. The dream might also represent my inability to escape my house. Whatever the case, I hope it stops because I hate waking up multiple times and not knowing whether or not I would wake up for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment